Friday, August 28, 2015

Finding Destiny



Genre: Fantasy Fiction
Book only out in EBook..
Blurb
When eighteen year old Alex’s little sister’s pony goes missing, he sets out to look for her and finds himself in a strange gypsy camp in the middle of a forest. The pony is being cared for by a young girl called Faith. When Alex accepts a drink from Faith’s grandmother, he wakes up later to find himself transported into 2038 to a technologically-advanced, very colourful world inhabited by humans and robots. Alex soon discovers that he is now twenty, married and has a magical little baby girl. A magic he only seems to notice. He soon finds out that he will have to defend his little girl from the half-breeds with everything he has. He travels back through the magic pages of books to try and save her before it is too late and she is lost from him forever.


Sales links...
Publisher site... http://www.pilrigpress.co.uk/books.html
Amazon...  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Finding-Destiny-Katrina-Hart-ebook/dp/B00U1WUFSE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1435744291&sr=8-1&keywords=finding+destiny
Finding Destiny is now available on ITunes Ibook  https://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/finding-destiny/id975158084?mt=11

Blogs and Social media links.
Blog; https://katrinamarie25.wordpress.com/
Twitter; @KatrinaHart2015
Facebook.;  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Katrina-Hart/1785712648319624?ref=hl
Goodreads.;  https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13566519.Katrina_Hart

 1. How did you get started writing?
One sunny day I decided to join a short online course on creative writing. And ever since I just haven't been able to stop writing. I still have my very first short story that at the time inspired me to want to write more.  Then my novel just grew from one of the short story's I completed there and turned into Finding Destiny.  

2. Name three things on your desk right now.
I don't really sit at a desk, but the three things that I often have around me when I write is:
1) A little door with the title of my book on it that a dear friend made me when I was writing my novel.
2) My crystal ball.
3) My Yankee candles because they help me get into the writing mood at times. 

3. Hamburger or sushi?
If I'm honest I don't like either.

4. If I were your favourite cookie I would be what flavour?
Chocolate or strawberry. 

5. Open your new release to any page and tell us what is happening.
In chapter three The First Trip To Quill City. 
After the help of their robot servant, Flicker, Alex and Faith visit the centre of the world, Quill City. When they enter the bookshop, the owner, Gwendolyn, seems fascinated by Destiny and she gives Alex a copy of The History Of One Girl's Magic Feather.  She tells him 'to open when the moon highlights Destiny.'  
 
6. Heels, flats or sneakers? (or nothing at all)
Flats I have too bad balance for heels. 

7. Tell us one tip you would pass on to new writers.
Enjoy writing and following your characters and never give up, because everything you have written even if at first it doesn't feel great, you can go back and fix until it reads just as you want it to. 

8. Plotter or pantster?
Pantster I never really plot while writing, mainly because I don't really want to know what happens until it happens. It would be like seeing your future to the end before living it to me.

9. What is your favourite movie or book and why?
I have so many favourite books, but one I read not so long ago and really enjoyed was called The Forest King's Daughter by Kendra Olson. I really enjoyed following her main character through her journey.
10. What's next on your writerly horizon?
I'm working on polishing my second novel 'The lost Town of Man's Crossing' And writing some short stories at the moment. I also have a third first draft hiding in my bookcase waiting for me to come back and look at it again.

11. (for YA) What do you think makes your book connect and resonate with teen readers?
I think with my book it's the journey and all the different characters in the book that would likely resonate with teen readers. As well as the adventure that Alex goes through after he met Madam Moonfighter.

Thank-you for having me on your blog.





Book Excerpts.. Chapter one..
1
Finding Destiny

"Destiny! Destiny!" I yelled, walking the dark forest alone.
Broken branches crunched beneath my feet. Black, shadowing trees loomed over me, following my every move. Owls hooted and flapped in every direction. I proceeded, calling the girlie-named pony.
I walked till my feet burned. It had been hours with no sign of Destiny, when the forest seemed to come alive before my eyes! Classical music hummed around a circle of purple gypsy tents, which surrounded a huge pink camp fire. I rubbed my tired eyes in disbelief. I opened them again and saw Destiny being cuddled lovingly by a pale girl with black hair flowing like a never-ending river. I walked over to the girl and Destiny.
"Hey miss, you found my sister’s pony." I looked down at them both.
"Mister, she is my pony!" She held Destiny closer in a protective grip.
I was about to argue my point, but a cold hand pushed on my shoulder, stopping me.
"Grandma! He wants my pony." The girl pointed in my direction.
"Faith, don’t point it’s rude!" The old woman scolded her like she was a child.
"Where the hell did you come from!" I shouted and jumped to look her in the face.
"My tent, just this way," the grandma said as she walked inside her purple tent.
I followed, outraged. I just wanted my sister’s pony back.
"Enter," the old woman croaked, coughing.
"Are you okay!" I whispered.
"Yes! Yes! Don’t worry yourself, now what can I do for you, sir?" She coughed again.
"I need my sister’s pony back. It’s her everything," I pleaded.
"My Faith loves her too," the old lady coughed again.
"I will do anything, I need that pony!" I tried again, staring into the old lady’s purple eyes.
Her wrinkled, transparent face and white long hair, tied in a bun tight above her head, made her look frail. She sat down behind a crystal ball. "Anything?"
I nodded.
"Let me see your future," she coughed, rubbing her crystal ball and looking inside its clear dome.
The silence dragged on like an unspoken question in a crowded room. Sadness crossed her face.
"It’s done!" she shouted; her eyes seemed to turn black.
"Thank you." I smiled, a little confused.
"My pleasure." She coughed, handing me a blue drink in a clear glass. "Please drink, it will bring you good luck on your way home. It’s a tradition, you know," she said.
I didn’t want to seem rude, so I drained the glass. My head spun and everything became unfocused.


I fought to see through the darkness. Crying, and the smell of hay surrounded me.
"Hello! Who’s there? Where am I?" I whispered, following the cries of what sounded like a girl being murdered.
"Hello!" I yelled over her cries. I feared for us both. A light danced on of its own accord. Straw was everywhere. Pink, blue and red horses wandered about, leaving their stalls empty. The barn looked steel, unlike anything I had seen before. A computer was flat-attached to the wall, but there was no keyboard to type on. Had I been drinking? Or dreaming? I wasn’t sure, but this barn looked far too advanced for my time.
The girl’s cries turned to screams. The sound was deafening; my heart thumped. I stood beside the screaming stable door, sliding it open with a loud squeak. Peering inside, her gaze met mine; her black flowing hair lay upon the straw, sticking to her sweat-covered forehead.
"Faith? Is that you? What are we doing here?" I rushed to her side.
"I’m screaming and you are late!" she said blowing out a breath.
"I don’t even know where we are, do you?" I retorted.
Faith screamed, grabbing my hand like a vice then relaxing once more. She placed an old folded piece of paper into my hand.
"Read it!" Her breath came out raggedly.
The note read …

Dear Alex, and Faith.
Destiny had many lovely years with your little sister, as promised Alex.
I saved your lives. You are in 2038 on the morning that bound your futures together. I saw it!
Don’t hate an old Gypsy for sending you on your way.
Good luck both of you!

The note fell from my hands, "We are in 2038, hell!"
"Isn’t it?" Faith screamed.
I tried to get Faith to let go of my hand. Then her body went stiff and I began to panic; she needed a doctor or midwife right now. But a cry split the air and a robot computer handed her a screaming baby.
On the computer screen, fireworks announced Faith had a baby girl
"We," she whispered, as the robot computer walked away. I kissed Faith softly on the lips, and a weird deja vu came over me. Love flooded my heart, sending warm shivers coursing through my body.
"Shall we call her Destiny?" Faith asked, gazing into my eyes.
"That’s perfect," I smiled.
This was the first moment of my new life.


 Author Bio..
My name is Katrina Hart but I was always called Katie. I live in the East of England with my family and Holly, Smokey my two cats as well as Jessie our dog, they are a nutty bunch but I love them all the same. I have always had a passion for reading. I could easily spend a whole lifetime engrossed in a good book. In my twenties I joined an online writing class, where I fell in love with writing my own stories. Since I started writing I have discovered a new love for quotes, a quote that really inspired was from Toni Morrison. Toni said  “If there’s a book you really want to read but it hasn’t been written yet, then you must write it.” I came across this quote whilst I was studying, this is one of the many things that inspired me to begin my first novel. I always welcome anyone to visit my blog at http://katrinamarie25.wordpress.com.

1 comment:

katie200 said...

Thank-you For having me on your blog....